You should already have March’s box. We hope you’re making use of the rich and creamy feature ingredient: Nutpods! A healthier creamer you could add to any cream sauce instead of the dairy alternative.
In this month’s box:
- Nutpods is used in our feature recipe! Nutpods is a dairy-free creamer made from heart-healthy almonds & coconuts, it is a wholesome dairy-free creamer that had the richness and creaminess of half & half. FREE FROM: Carrageenan, Dairy, Soy, Gluten, High-Fructose Corn Syrup, Refined Sugars & Sugar Alcohols
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce Chipotle isn’t a specific type of pepper, it is a pepper that has been dried by smoking, resulting in the dark color and distinct smoky flavor. Adobo sauce is a perfect counterpart, it is a marinade made of garlic, vinegar, and spices. Use chipotles in adobo to add a complex flavor to burritos, dressings, marinades, salsa, chills, or soups. After you open the can, if you have some left – transfer it to a plastic container or bag and freeze for future use. We also used Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce in our feature recipe for March.
- ORO Triple Concentrate Tomato Paste Adios, tomato paste in a can! Packaged in a super convenient tube this is a no fuss, no muss product, the triple concentrated paste itself is overflowing with delicious tomato flavor that will add an amazing depth and beautiful texture to your pasta and pizza sauces and any tomato based soup.
We also used ORO Triple Concentrate Tomato Paste in our March feature recipe.
- Tahini, also known as sesame seed butter, is a luscious Middle Eastern paste made from sesame seeds. It resembles peanut butter but is thinner in consistency and a lot healthier. Open the jar and stir it to redistribute the oil. Tahini is the most important ingredient in fresh hummus. Tahini has no cholesterol, it is nut free, gluten free & a staple in our pantry. Keep it in the fridge after opening.Check out this month’s chef’s tip for using your tahini.
- Sea Change Seafoods is this month’s Meet the Maker feature!. The process of smoking salmon was perfected by Canada’s First Nations peoples as a method of preserving the wild salmon catch for a long winter. For more than 30 years, Sea Change Seafoods on Salt Spring Island, BC has been creating some of the most delicious smoked salmon in Canada & making available to everyone, anywhere in the world.