We’re halfway through the year now and we hope you’re enjoying the spoils you received so far. Have you found a particular favourite? Be sure to share it with us on our Facebook page!
In this month’s box:
- Almondina cookies: a tasty snack for any occassion!
- La Belle Chaurienne filtered duck fat: 300 grams of 100% pure duck fat – Imported from France, a great replacement to butter or oil to in cooking. It’s used in our feature recipe and our double-up recipe this month!
- Olli Salamini is this month’s Meet the Maker feature!. These ready-to-eat, bite-sized salami morsels are perfect for snacking, travel or a quick and easy addition to any platter. No need to peel, simply open the package and enjoy!
- Peacock Brown Rice Vermicelli: a great way to change up your regular noodle routine!
- Olo Chipotle Paste in a Tube! Olo’s is a super convenient way to add smoky heat to your food! Refrigerate after use. Olo’s Chipotle Paste is best when used within 3 months after opening. Follow @olofoods on Twitter! Check out this month’s chef’s tip for using yourOlo Chipotle Paste.
Double Up Recipe!
Duck Fat Popcorn (thank you France!)
- 5 tbsp. duck fat, divided
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 1”x2” strip orange zest
- Fine salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup popping corn
- Grated orange zest, to taste, for garnish
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped finely
In a small pan, melt 3 tbsp. of duck fat with thyme leaves, garlic & orange zest over low heat. Allow to infuse for about 15 minutes. In a large pot heat vegetable oil & 2 tbsp. of duck fat over medium heat. Once the duck fat has melted, drop in 4 kernels of popcorn, put the lid on, and wait for the kernels to pop. When the kernels have popped, immediately remove the pot from the heat & add the rest of the popcorn. Wait thirty seconds, then put the pot back on the fire. Shake the pan every few seconds to make the unpopped kernels fall to the bottom of the pot. When popping slows to about 5 seconds between pops, remove from heat & pour popcorn into a large bowl. Remove the garlic clove & orange zest from the duck fat. Drizzle the infused duck fat over the popcorn, season generously with salt & orange zest.