Perfectly Roasted Chicken
Never underestimate the power of a roast chicken! In fact, it is so useful – we suggest you roast 2 at once so you can used it for sandwiches, salads, and quick meals all week long.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the rack in the lower-middle of the oven.
- Rinse & pat the chicken dry with paper towels, getting the chicken as dry as you can.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil, be generous, the oil will help the skin crisp & become golden.
- Sprinkle generously with the SZEGED CHICKEN RUB.
- Place the chicken, breast-side up, in the pan.
- Lower the oven to 400°F and roast the chicken for 50 minutes.
- Check the chicken – when it registers 165°F in the thickest part of the thigh, the wings & legs wiggle loosely & the juices run clear.
Once finished cooking, transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let it rest for about 15 minutes. Carve the chicken & serve. Pick any remaining meat off the bones and save it for other meals